Visual Effects Supervisor with over 17 years experience in film-making; covering projects of all scales & styles, international & domestic. Available as an independent, or by engaging established relationships with leading London facilities.
Motivated by a life-long fascination with the Visual; exploring, creating and manipulating the (moving) image.
Originating from a Fine Art and Live Events background; now immersed in the possibilities and scope for leveraging the growing wealth of digital image-making tools. Striving for the best result for the material; whether requiring a complex or more simple, elegant and when called for, invisible, approach.
Yet comfortable recommending and employing older or practical methodologies where fitting.
Keen to integrate with other departments for innovative, effective approaches and solutions - open to and seeking interesting projects & opportunities worldwide.
- wide ranging on-set supervision & shooting experience (including direction of pick-up, insert, miniature and aerial units).
- pre-vis design & direction.
- general vfx consulting, script & budget breakdowns.
- leading, directing and managing teams of artists from prep through to delivery, to interpret and deliver a director’s vision.
- exploring and helping develop collaborative solutions across production departments.
- effective and as minimally intrusive as possible, integration of visual effects requirements into production filming.