Imagi Animation Studios Nov. 2008 – Present
· Advised and consulted on strategy and recommendation for dual-site (Hong Kong to Los Angeles) production tracking and asset management solutions while also serving as back-end Production Manager on the animated feature Tusker.
Avatar, 20th Century Fox Sept. 2006 – Oct. 2008
Visual Effects Producer
THE ORPHANAGE Nov. 2003 – July 2006
Senior Visual Effects Producer
· Senior Visual Effects Producer on Superman Returns.
· Senior Visual Effects Producer on Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.
· Senior Visual Effects Producer on The Adventures of Shark Boy and Lava Girl in 3D.
Visual Effects Producer
· Visual Effects Producer on Sin City.
· Visual Effects Producer on The Day After Tomorrow.
· Visual Effects Producer on Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.
SONY PICTURES IMAGEWORKS
Visual Effects Digital and Technology Producer Sept. 2000 - July 2003
· Motion Capture and Technology Producer on The Polar Express.
o Responsible for helping to conceive, plan, hire key team members and implement the setup and shooting of novel motion-capture project featuring Tom Hanks and directed by Robert Zemeckis.
· Visual EFX Digital Producer on Stuart Little 2.
o Responsible for management on an over 180-member crew and delivery of over 600 digital character and/or environment shots.
o Responsible for all aspects of project budgeting, planning, development and direction, including long-range planning, strategy, and status reporting to Sony Pictures. Personally supervised a staff of nine.
o Project delivered on time and under budget.
Digital Production Manager Sept. 1998 - August. 2000
· Digital Production Manager on The Hollow Man.
o Personally supervised a staff of two and managed a staff in excess of 80.
o Responsible for evaluating serious technological, budgetary and morale issues within department and creating deadline-driven goals, clear expectations and “roundtable” discussions to air grievances, strategize and boost team morale.
o Able to successfully deliver project on-time for release of film - results of department’s work led to Academy Award nomination for Best Visual Effects for that year (2000).
· Digital Production Manager on Stuart Little.
o Personally supervised a staff of one and managed a staff of in excess of 70 and delivery of over 500 digital character shots.
o Responsible for meeting weekly deliverable goals to ensure on-budget, timely fulfillment of project
o Able to successfully deliver project on-time and significantly under budget - results of team’s work led to Academy Award nomination for Best Visual Effects for that year (1999)
METROLIGHT STUDIOS Sept. 1997 – August 1998
· Line Producer on From Earth to the Moon.
BOSS FILM STUDIOS Sept. 1996 – August 1997
Visual Effects Coordinator
· Visual EFX Coordinator on Air Force One.
· Visual EFX Coordinator on Starship Troopers.
COSMO STREET Sept. 1994 – August 1996
Assistant Producer / Assistant Editor
· Assistant Producer - bidding, project management and tracking on multiple and simultaneous projects
· Assistant Editor on multiple national and international commercials
· Overall research and recommendation authority on all hardware and software purchases for company, totaling in excess of $500,000 per year.
· Responsible for maintenance and technical integrity of all Avids, computer systems, software and network-related issues.
· Researched and evaluated current trends, tools and techniques in use and advised company on project-by-project basis.
· Alliant Univesity / California School of Professional Psychology
· University of Los Angeles at California, Certification in Authoring Multimedia Applications
· University of Los Angeles at California, Certification in SGI Intensive Workshop
· University of Texas at Austin, B.S. with Honors Radio-Television-Film
· Cornell University
PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION AND PATENTS
· Invited to speak at Los Angeles Chapter of Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) SIGGRAPH with accompanying live webcast:
The Role of the Producer:
Making 3D Feature Animation in the Morning of the Golden Age (Los Angeles - November 2002)
Gordon, D., Chen J., Hastings, A.R., Echegaray, J. “System and Method for Capturing Facial and Body Motion”, awarded May, 2007. U.S. Patent # 7218320.
· Visual Effects Society: Active Member
· Association for Computing Machinery Special Interest Graphics Group (ACM SIGGRAPH): Member, Los Angeles Chapter
· International Animated Film Association (ASIFA): Member, Hollywood Chapter