VFX/Lighting TD, Supervisor, Educator, Render Manager, Technical Artist-Lighting
<p>http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1906148/</p><p><a class="view-public-profile" href="http://www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-rosen/0/46a/851/" name="webProfileURL" style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 19px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; font-size: 11px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; vertical-align: middle; text-decoration: none; color: rgb(102, 102, 102); line-height: 13.1999998092651px; display: inline-block; zoom: 1; direction: ltr; background-image: url(https://static.licdn.com/scds/common/u/images/apps/profile/sprite/sprite_profile_top_card_v8.png); background-color: rgb(246, 246, 246); background-position: 0px -249px;" title="View public profile">www.linkedin.com/pub/andrew-rosen/0/46a/851/</a></p>
Andy Rosen has over 30 years experience in VFX , Lighting, Render Wrangling, Compositing and CG animation for film, games and television production. His work is seen on 19 feature films including, CATS, Happy Feet 2, Day After Tomorrow, Titanic, Face/Off, Strange Days, and more. He worked on the first Mortal Kombat film(1994), as well as the game Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe(2008). Along the way, he worked on 6 television shows, several commercials, worked with the American Film Institute & Sony to develop HD video production techniques, worked at JPL Mission Planning group to create animations for satellite missions, built video synthesizers, CGI and Video production studios and the first MIDI interface for neon art. Andy has also taught aspects of CGI and VFX at workshops, served as faculty at colleges in Los Angeles, California; Seattle,Washington; Chicago, Illinois and Boston, Ma. His print artwork has been hung in Tokyo, Japan; Milan, Italy, and the USA. Andy also plays bass-flute with the Song Of Angels Flute Orchestra (www.soafluteorchestra.com) in Los Angeles, California.
Role with the VESVoting Member
Andrew H. Rosen
457 Parkside Dr., Unit#1, Toronto, ON M6R 2Z8 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
cel/txt: +1 312 543 5085
• Render Wrangler, Lighting/VFX TD, Compositing, 3D Animation, Scripting
• Experienced industry professional, fast learner, creative problem solver, excellent communicator
• Voting Member: Visual Effects Society (VES), NFA (National Flute Association)
• Feature Film projects (19) including: CATS (2019), Avengers: Infinity War (2018), Man of Steel-3d (2013),
o CATS (2020), Happy Feet 2 (2011), The Wild (2006), Day After Tomorrow (2004), Strange Days, Titanic, Total Recall, Braveheart, Mortal Kombat and more
Film Demo Reel: http://vimeo.com/70600924 includes Scene Breakdown
Game Demo Reel: http://vimeo.com/14306722 “Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe”
• Render Management: ThinkBox-Deadline, PRMan-Tractor, PipelineFX-Qube, Seriss-RUSH,
o Renderstorm – SquidNet (proprietary)
• 3D: Maya, Houdini, VEX, MEL, Renderman, 3Delight, Mental Ray, Vray, Arnold, Katana, RedShift
• Operating Systems(OS): IRIX, UNIX, Linux, Windows, MacOS
• Scripting: tcsh, csh, Bash, MEL, VEX, hscript, Python
Rocket Science VFX – Render Wrangler/TD Toronto, ON Canada (08/2020 – 09/2020)
Render Wrangling(Deadline), troubleshooting, QC, TD, multiple projects, Windows, Proprietary TD Tool sets, Maya, Houdini, Nuke (Win10)
MillFilm-Montreal – Technical Artist-Lighting Montreal, Quebec, Canada (8/2019 – 07/2020)
Render Wrangling (Tractor (PRMan), Asset Management, QC, troubleshooting and other technical operations on multiple projects, Proprietary Tool sets for Asset Ingest, QC, Linux, Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Katana…
Method Studios-LA – Render Technician Santa Monica, Ca. (3/2018 – 5/2019)
Render Wrangling, multiple projects (commercials, feature films, games, pipeline development)
• PipelineFX-Qube – render management software, integrated w/ Shotgun
o Maya, Houdini, Nuke , Mantra, Arnold, PRman, VRAY, Flame
o Approx. 700 nodes (locally) (Production Farm and Secure Farm)
o Provide temporary node-transfers for Vancouver, New York, Montreal studios as needed
o Maintenance Includes rebuild, provisioning nodes for local pipeline
o License management via in-house monitoring tools
• Trained/managed new hires (multiple shifts)
• OS: CentOS Linux 7.x
Sunnyboy Entertainment – Render Manager Pasadena, Ca. (2017) Render Wrangling(Deadline) for Immersive 4k x 4k VR Experience, for Stephen King’s “IT”
Render Farm setup and operations, power systems mgmt, license installation and monitoring,
QC for lighting, diagnostics for render-errors.
Liaison for local Los Angeles Render facilities to handle overload/changes.
Consulting for pipeline and shot optimization, trouble-shooting render issues, data wrangling
OS: Windows 7-64, Linux, iOS Software: Maya, Vray, Nuke, After Effects
Andrew H. Rosen 2
Toronto, ON Canada email: email@example.com cel/txt: 312 543 5085 office: 310 237 5545
RenderStorm, Inc. – Render Wrangler (Remote/WFH, mostly) Carlsbad, Ca. (2017)
• Render Wrangling for physical-plant render-farm: “Squidnet” (proprietary render management system)
• Client care, account setups, diagnosis, job-repair, consulting
• Liaison with Development team, create/develop documentation, assist design/development
• Maya, 3dsMAx, Maxwell, Arnold, Nuke, C4D, Iray(Mental Ray), Vray, RedShift(GPU), plugins
• Trouble shooting/problem-solving OS: Win7-64
RenderRocket (now “StratusCore”) Render Wrangler/Artist Care (Remote/WFH) Seattle, Wa. (2015 - 2017)
• Render Wrangling for AWS Cloud-based render farm. RUSH Render Management software
• AWS management, AWS-Console, custom tools, AMI creation, license, plugin management
• Artist Care – Trouble-shooting client render jobs, diagnosis and repair.
• Maya, 3dsMAx, C4D, Mental Ray, VRay, “native” rendering for 3d-apps.
• License management, work with Developers to improve operations.
• OS: Win7-64
42Entertainment - Render Manager Burbank, Ca. (2014-2015)
• Fast startup: Render Farm built & running shots in < 3-days, (Deadline), Perform render farm operations,
• Coordinate/prioritize with Producers, Lighters, Animators, executives, provide diagnosis and Q/C for Lighting, compositing, animation.
• Liaison for outside rendering services. Data transfers, License Management.
• Deadline, Maya, Vray, Nuke, After Effects, Win7-64
RGH Themed Entertainment - Render Wrangler (Deadline) Woodland Hills, Ca (2013 - 2014)
• Render Farm operations, trouble-shooting, shot diagnosis/artist support, AC, mechanical maintenance
• Special Venue film project
• Maya, Arnold, Nuke, Win7-64
Legend3d – Render Technician(Qube) San Diego, CA (2012 – 2013)
• Compositing (Nuke), Render Farm operations, Render Wrangler
• (PipelineFX Qube), Win7-64
Dr. D Studios – Lighting/VFX TD Sydney, Australia (2011)
• Feature animated film: “Happy Feet 2”
• Lighting solutions: Global Illumination (GI), point-cloud/occlusion/subsurface scattering pipeline.
• Software: Houdini, 3Delight, Nuke, custom tools, scripting, CentOS-Linux
MFA, Experimental Video/Sound Synthesis: School of the Art Institute of Chicago Chicago, IL
BS, Industrial & Graphic Design: University of Illinois-Chicago (UIC) Chicago, IL
Illinois Institute of Technology: EE/Industrial Design (no degree) Chicago, Il
IRIX Systems Administration: Silicon Graphics Corporation Mountain View, Ca
More information, available on request.
Skills & Titles
VFX Artist, Lighting TD, Compositor, Render Wrangler, Render Manager