SYD – SYLVIE’S LOVE Screening
On behalf of Amazon Studios we’re delighted to invite you and your guest to an advance industry screening of SYLVIE’S LOVE.
When: Wednesday 2 December
Time: 6.30pm start
Location: Palace Central Cinemas (Cinema 2), Level 3, Central Park Mall, 28 Broadway, Chippendale
Synopsis: In Sylvie’s Love, the jazz is smooth and the air sultry in the hot New York summer of 1957. Robert (Nnamdi Asomugha), a saxophonist, spends late nights playing behind a less-talented but well-known bandleader, as member of a jazz quartet. Sylvie (Tessa Thompson), who dreams of a career in television, spends her summer days helping around her father’s record store, as she waits for her fiancé to return from war. When Robert takes a part-time job at the record store, the two begin a friendship that sparks a deep passion in each of them unlike anything they have felt before. As the summer winds down, life takes them in different directions, bringing their relationship to an end. Years pass, Sylvie’s career as a TV producer blossoms, while Robert has to come to terms with what the age of Motown is doing to the popularity of Jazz. In a chance meeting, Sylvie and Robert cross paths again, only to find that while their lives have changed, their feelings for each other remain the same. Writer/director Eugene Ashe combines romance and music into a sweeping story that brings together changing times, a changing culture, and the true price of love.
You can view the trailer here
Duration: 110 minutes
RSVP is essential here. Invitation is strictly non-transferable.
COVID protocols: This private screening will adhere to all government recommendations for Covid safety and will include some additional measures:
- As a condition of entry, we must keep a contact register for every screening. Contact details (mobile and email) must be supplied 24 hours in advance for anyone attending including these details for your guest.
- Hand sanitiser and face masks will be provided – we encourage all attendees to wear a face mask during the screening.
- You must not attend the screening if you are feeling unwell or have any symptoms.
- Contactless temperature checks upon entry. Anyone displaying any symptoms will not be admitted.
- You will be able to sit with your guest but social distancing will be employed in the cinema to ensure that you are at a safe distance from other attendees.
- If you develop symptoms or test positive to Covid19 following a screening, please call +61428727303 immediately or email [email protected] in order that we can advise all other guests.
- If you have any questions or concerns regarding theses screenings, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.
SYLVIE’S LOVE will be available to stream on Amazon Prime from 25 December.