It’s Business Time – A Personal Finance Discussion for VFX Professionals
It’s Business Time: A Personal Finance Discussion for VFX Professionals
Thursday, December 8, 7pm-9pm
School of Visual Arts
133/139 West 21 Street, NYC
Kelli Grant – Personal Finance and Consumer Spending Reporter, CNBC
Susan Lee , EA, CFP – Tax Preparer, Certified Financial Planner
Dale Siegel – Mortgage Broker, Award winning author of “The New Rules for Mortgages”
While many of us have a great deal of knowledge when it comes to UV Maps, HDRIs and inverse kinematics, some of us are less familiar with Roth IRAs, 401-Ks and LTV ratios.
In our ongoing effort to educate our members, the NY Section of the VES is proud to present a panel discussion on some of the financial matters that VFX professionals face in today’s world:
– What are the benefits of being freelance vs. staff?
– Is it possible to buy property as a freelancer or young staffer?
– Do I need an accountant?
– As a freelancer, should I incorporate?
– Can we talk about credit and debt, please?
– What’s the best way to get health care coverage outside of a full-time job?
– Whats the best ay to get started with long term financial planning?
– Will I ever be able to retire?