Event - Practical Lighting for CG Artists (Los Angeles)
VES Members & Non-Members Are Invited
To Attend An All Day Educational Event
Practical Lighting For CG Artists
Free To VES Members, All Others $25
The VES Education Committee is pleased to announce a one-day seminar with Visual Effects DP and Supervisor Michael Lawler and Visual Effects Supervisor Glenn Campbell.
The fundamentals of lighting are the same on the set and in the computer. Increase your understanding of light and lighting fundamentals. This seminar will cover the types of lighting instruments used on set, the qualities and use of hard and soft light, color, and lamp placement, grip equipment (flags and nets and how they are used to control light and shadow) all to aid the CG artist in matching the lighting of live-action material, or in creating a look or mood in original CG material, and creating efficient strategies in the CG environment.
If you want learn how a cinematographer thinks, and to increase your understanding of light and lighting, this is an event not to miss.
Please RSVP below
Free to VES members, all others $25
Saturday, October 27, 2012 from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
(Walk-away lunch break from 12:00N to 1:30PM)
Mole Richardson Co.
900 N. La Brea Avenue, West Hollywood, CA 90038
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Saturday, 15 March 2014 (All day)
Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 12:30pm - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)