Event - Practical Lighting for CG Artists (L.A.)
To Attend An All-Day Educational EventPractical Lighting For CG Artists
Free To VES Members, All Others $25
Increase your understanding of the types and properties of light, lighting instruments, and how the cinematographer uses them to fashion a look and mood appropriate to the story, as he has done to create looks as diverse as those of BOOGIE NIGHTS, GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK, TOMORROW NEVER DIES, PUNCH DRUNK LOVE, and a long list of others.
One of the most talented and technically savvy cinematographers working today, Robert Elswit understands visual effects from both sides, having been in the trenches as a visual effects cinematographer at ILM and Apogee, and later working with the effects team at ILM on MAGNOLIA and THERE WILL BE BLOOD, and with multiple effects houses on SALT and the upcoming MISSION IMPOSSIBLE.
If you want learn how a cinematographer thinks, and to increase your understanding of light and lighting, this is an event not to miss.
Saturday, May 21, 2011
9:00AM to 5:00PM
(Walk-away lunch break from 12:00N to 1:30PM)
900 N La Brea Ave
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Saturday, 15 March 2014 (All day)
Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 12:30pm - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)