Event - Cutting Edge Advancements in Performance Capture Technology (Los Angeles)
Cutting Edge Advancements in
Performance Capture Technology
Demian Gordon - Chair of Motion Capture Society - will discuss and show technology used on RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES
Panelists will include:
The Third Floor - Chris Edwards- Integrating Xsens Motion Capture Technology for Previs.
Lightcraft - Eliot Mack- Real-time GPS On-Set Camera tracking
Vicon – Jeff Ovadya & Imogen Moorhouse - Current projects & Real-time pipeline improvements
Digital Domain - Erik Nash & Casey Schatz - Motion Capture discussion of REAL STEEL
Giant Studios– Addison Bath - Present featurettes TINTIN and HAPPY FEET 2
Saturday, December 3, 2011
9:00AM - "Live Demo" presented by Lightcraft outside Theater
9:00AM - Registration/Refreshments
10:00AM to 12:00PM - Event
Sony Pictures Imageworks (Ray Harryhausen Theatre)
9050 W. Washington Blvd.
Culver City, CA 90232
Free for VES & MoCap Society Members
PGA & DGA Members (discount fee $10)
All non-members ($20 fee)
You will need to show your membership card for free or discount admission.
Susan Zwerman – Chair, VES Special Projects
Demian Gordon – Chair, Motion Capture Society
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Saturday, 15 March 2014 (All day)
Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 12:30pm - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)