VFX Artists Making a Difference
Douglas Trumbull, renowned visual effects supervisor (2001, Close Encounters of the Third Kind) developed an alternate to the BP spill problem using his imagination and engineering skills.
For more information: www.douglastrumbull.com
WETA artists create a beautiful working tail for a young woman without legs so that she can pursue her passion for swimming in the ocean easily, joyfully and gracefully.
For More Information - CLICK HERE
The combination of CGI and 3D printing no longer just serve the do-it-yourself designers and product model makers of the architectural industry. The creativity behind CGI now improves quality of life.
Last June, an 83-year-old woman in the Netherlands received a new jawbone that Belgian manufacturer LayerWise created with a 3D printer. The dilemma associated with this woman’s jaw surgery inspired this world first achievement.
To suggest speakers, programs or VES members Making a Difference, contact us at: Visioncommittee@visualeffectssociety.com
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Wednesday, 23 April 2014 - 4:00pm - 8:45pm
Wednesday, 30 April 2014 - 11:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday, 24 May 2014 - 11:00am - 4:00pm