Travel & Relocation Guide



Dear Members,
After months of hard work by our Business, Labor & Law Committee and the leadership of Will Wira, VES is proud to announce the debut of our Travel and Relocation Guide:
We all know that the life of a visual effects artist is sometimes a nomadic one.  We may be required to live all over the world to practice our craft.  While this is often exciting and interesting, it can strain our relationships and challenge us emotionally. 
To make the transition easier, we have provided links to some important resources for the basic information you will need to survive.  This page is a work in progress---we intend to add more categories and features, including an interactive forum so we can share experiences and information with our fellow artists about the living and working conditions in places around the world, and solicit advice from members who have been there and done that.
This Guide supplements our existing Black Book, located in the VES Forum.  Right now, the new Travel and Relocation Guide provides you with the following information:
  • Cost of Living Comparisons for the US and Abroad
  • Currency Exchange Calculator
  • Work Permit & Visa Information
  • International Corporate & Individual Tax Rates
  • Production Incentives Around the US and World
  • How to Obtain a US Passport
The Black Book has the following information:
  • Facilities Alphabetically
  • Facilities By Areas of Specialty
  • VFX Schools Around the World
  • Profiles of Countries Around the World
Please take advantage of our beta version and let us know what you think---we want to make it as useful as possible, so welcome suggestions at


VES logo

Follow the VES on TwitterView the VES profile on LinkedIn© 2010 Visual Effects Society. All rights reserved.