To our friends at Rhythm & Hues and DreamWorks
VES and the rest of the visual effects industry are certainly aware that we exist in difficult and challenging economic times. Recent events at Rhythm & Hues as well as at DreamWorks remind us that our jobs are not guaranteed forever. It is for this very reason that the VES has a job board for our members and produces an annual Career Fair, that takes place this year on April 23, in Hollywood.
Given these extraordinary circumstances, the job board postings can be accessed via our website at http://www.visualeffectssociety.com/job-board by anyone who might wish to take advantage of it and details about the Career Fair are available at https://www.visualeffectssociety.com/date/2013-ves-career-fair and can also be accessed through Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.
Please know that VES -- all 2700 plus of us around the world -- are following these events closely and sending you our support.
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Saturday, 15 March 2014 (All day)
Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 12:30pm - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)