VES Member Benefits Summary
The Pre-Existing Condition Insurance Plan is a program that offers health coverage to medically-uninsurable individuals who live in California. The State now offers this partly federally-funded health coverage program, as a result of the health care reform signed by President Obama.
• A current California resident.
• Must have been clear of (had no) health coverage the past 6 months.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National with a Social Security number.
• Within the past 12 months, must have been denied individual insurance coverage.
The PCIP monthly premium, which is subsidized by the government, is based on the applicant’s age and the region where the applicant lives in California. You can begin the process of determining your premiums by going to the website above.
The plan is similar to comparable group coverage plans, with a fairly broad range of benefits, including prescriptions and mental health. The deductible and co-payment schedule is also comparable to commercially available plans.
Progressive Benefits will quote plans that target your specific needs and preference.
If you experience a life-interrupting medical event without Aflac...
Then you could be facing an even deeper financial hole.
How Aflac works with your Medical Coverage:
- Aflac pays the CASH BENEFITS to you, not the Doctors or Hospitals.
- Aflac helps fill the FINANCIAL gap if you or your spouse is unable to work
- Aflac benefits PAY no matter what other insurance you have—it pays on top.
- Aflac plans are GUARANTEED RENEWABLE at the payroll rate for life.
- Aflac plans are 100% PORTABLE.Even if you change jobs, you can take it with you.
- Aflac does NOT raise rates every year, so you know the cost in the future
- Aflac has NO network restrictions or preauthorization requirements
Customize your Aflac benefit package by choosing the plans that best fit your individual needs.
Contact William Hofto - (310) 562-7367 - email@example.com
VES MEMBER PAYROLL SERVICES
Since 1992, TEAM has been servicing the entertainment industry through top notch payroll services and expert insight into labor issues that impact the business of production. We are now pleased to offer a preferred payroll package to all VES members at a discounted rate. VES Partner Payroll Package includes:
- 33% DISCOUNT ON TEAM PAYROLL HANDLING FEES
- FREE DIRECT DEPOSIT
- NO CHARGE FOR MAILING CLIENT PAYROLL CHECKS
- PERSONALIZED SERVICE WITH A DEDICATED TEAM PAYMASTER
Our areas of service include:
- Staff and Freelance Employees: Employer of Record for all visual effects staff and freelance employees.
- Employer of Record for US citizens employed in foreign countries.
- Maintenance of USCIS (I-9) forms for client employees paid by TEAM.
- Federal and State employer and employee payroll tax contributions.
- Workers Compensation & Disability insurance coverage and claims administration.
- Cast Clearance, Union Security, Taft-Hartley, and Preference of Employment for SAG & AFTRA agreements, including SAG & AFTRA and PH&W contributions.
- Holding Fee & Residuals Notification.
- Union, Agent, or Talent Claims administration
We look forward to the opportunity to work with you. For questions or additional information, contact:
Abraham Gordon | Account Director
901 W. Alameda Ave., Suite 100 Burbank, CA 91506-2801
No Reservations, No Operators, No Confusion
Insta-Meet Plus is an automated, reservationless, conferencing service that offers a reliable and simple solution for your everyday conference calls. No longer must a conference be scheduled in advance or require operator assistance. We make it easy for you by providing one toll free dial-in number for you to use for all your conference calls. With Insta-Meet Plus, you can conference up to 125 participants and begin a conference anytime, any place, on the fly! Plus, you can record the conference with the touch of your telephone keypad!
- Instant, on-demand conferencing — no reservations or operators needed
- Permanent toll-free dial-in number and passcodes
- Works from any touch-tone phone
- Up to 125 participants, as capacity permits
- Control and security from your telephone keypad
- Initiate conference recording — for future playback — on the fly, with the touch of your telephone keypad
- No time limits
Automated Data Conferencing Through Your Web Browser with Web-Pro!
Web-Pro is an automated data conferencing tool that allows you to make remote meetings and seminars more interactive. You are able to be more productive and efficient by maximizing the flow of information to your meeting participants. Break traditional barriers by sharing and revising documents online, conducting interactive training seminars and doing real-time polling and more. Web-Pro can keep your audience engaged with advanced visual tools.
Web-Pro is fully automated and allows you to have full access to schedule your conference. With Web-Pro you can send out invitations and begin a meeting on the fly. You manage all archived conferences past and present so that you will always have access to the presentation of your choice.
Take Your Conferencing to the Next Level with Insta-View!
In today's fast-paced business environment, making decisions quickly and efficiently is critical to maintaining a competitive advantage. Time wasted scheduling in-person meetings, making travel arrangements, and bringing together a globally dispersed team can mean lost revenue and increased operating costs. Every minute counts.
With Insta-View web conferencing, you can increase effectiveness and productivity– across your entire company– and make faster, more accurate business decisions every day. Collaborate with employees, customers, and business partners– anytime, anywhere. Insta-View integrates data, voice and video content within a standard Web browser, so you can conduct real-time meetings over the Internet– simply and quickly.
To take advantage of our great rates offered please see the contact information below:
- Insta-Meet Plus (Toll Free Conferencing):$0.05 per minute per line
- Web-Pro (Multimedia): $0.07 per minute per log in
- Insta-View (Web Ex): $0.16 per minute per log in
To set up your account or for more information please click contact Jason Dukes at 1-888-300-1417 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Full Replication and Media Services
• 20% Discount for Visual Effects Society Members
• DVD, CD, Video
• Duplication/Replication: All Formats
• Demo Reels
• Menu Design
15955 Strathern Street
Van Nuys, CA 91406
There is an alternative to traditional banking, and you’re reading about it right now…
First Entertainment Credit Union, a not-for-profit institution, was created by, of and for people who work in the entertainment industry who have had enough of traditional banking and want a better, more profitable experience. Member owned and federally insured, our mission since 1967 has been to increase value to our members.
We offer enhanced products and services and a far more personalized, compassionate approach. Today, First Entertainment serves all disciplines within the entertainment industry, has over 53,000 members and has grown to more than $600 million in assets.
As a member, you’ll enjoy a host of benefits, including:
For more information about the credit union, membership or our products and services, call 888.800.3328 or visit us on the web at www.firstent.org.
"Ellenshaw Under Glass”
Lynda Thompson is pleased to offer a “friends and family” discount to VES members on copies of the DVD documentary on the life and work of Peter Ellenshaw, “Ellenshaw Under Glass.”
Log on to www.ellenshaw.com and mention you are a VES member to receive the discount when ordering.
fxphd.com provides professional online training in visual effects and production. Courses are provided as QuickTime movies and most come with high quality footage that artists can use to create shots for their reel. This is complemented by high-level discussion forums with members from around the world, so you're not learning in a vacuum. Founded by VES members, fxphd is pleased to provide a 15% discount to VES.
Please email email@example.com to receive your discount code, which is entered when signing up for the curriculum.
See www.fxphd.com for more information about our current offerings.
spherevfx is a high-end, international training company specializing in 3D, Compositing, Visual Effects and Stereoscopic Post Production courses. We offer training in the world's best CGI and VFX software including: Maya, Mari, ZBrush, RenderMan Studio, V-Ray, Nuke, Ocular and PFTrack.
We offer production-driven, project-focused courses for all levels from the beginner through to the advanced user. Courses can take place either at our UK training centre or on-site at your studio. We also offer bespoke courses which are customised to your specific requirements and can include training on your current live projects. Clients include: Animal Logic, Framestore, Digital Domain, Ghost VFX, DreamWorks Animation, Mr. X., Luma Pictures and Double Negative.
Founded by VES member Matt Leonard, spherevfx is pleased to offer a 15% discount to all VES members.
Gnomon School of Visual Effects is proud to offer VES Members a 10% discount on all courses at our Hollywood, CA facilities, as well as Gnomon Online courses and Gnomon Workshop DVD's that are purchased through the school. Intro to Autodesk Maya classes may also be taken at no charge – based on space availability.
- No limit
- No expiration
- Must present a valid VES Membership card
For more information or to purchase, please call: 323-466-6663 or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Expression College is offering a 25% discount off of its Houdini class for all VES members!
The class runs June 24th -26th.
The normal price for the three day class is $595, with the discount it comes out to $446.25.
Check out the details on the Expression Pro site here. You can also see mention of it on Side Effects' site here.
Simply contact Chris Colatos directly and mention that you are a VES member to get the discount, you can reach him at email@example.com.
About Ex'pression Pro
Ex'pression Pro is a branch of Ex'pression College that offers single classes and series of classes that enable professionals, artists, and students the ability to train and certify in industry standard software and technique. Ex’pression Pro was created to provide professional certification and training in a world-class digital media production facility.
Online Seminars taught by DGA Producer/Director, Norman C. Berns
VES members receive a 10% discount when you sign up!
For more information, please visit the website at www.producersanddirectors.com/seminars.cfm.
VFX Project Management Software
Free software from Tim Landry. VES Board Member Tim Landry is offering his VFX Project management software as a FREE download to VES members. Thanks, Tim!
Receive the Visual Effects Society member rate for a full year of Variety for $198 - 40% off the regular rate. Or get industry info every day with Daily Variety for only $248! Need even more information? Get both Variety and Daily Variety for $358 – a huge 46% savings off our regular subscription rates. Members receive these special rates whether they are new to us or a long-time reader, simply based on their membership with the VES. Members also receive free access to Digital Variety with a paid subscription. Click here for details, or call 1-866-MY-VARIETY.
The Hollywood Reporter For VES members, The Hollywood Reporter is offering the Daily Edition for $179 or the Weekly International Edition for $125(this is almost a 50% discount!) If it’s happening in show business you’ll find it in the pages of The Hollywood Reporter. For 75 years, The Hollywood Reporter has been the trade paper of choice for industry professionals of all kinds. As a VES member, you have the opportunity to subscribe to The Hollywood Reporter at a special organizational rate. Choose from the Daily Edition for $179 or the Weekly International Edition for $125 (this is almost a 50% discount!) If you want to take advantage of the special VES member rate, call 866-525-2150.
Animation Magazine provides VES Members with free mailings during awards season.
Marina Fitness Center in Marina Del Rey is excited to have the opportunity to offer ONE FREE MONTH of fitness to all members of the Visual Effects Society. We are located on the water behind the Cheesecake Factory and there is plenty of FREE PARKING.
The FREE MONTH includes:
- Group Fitness Classes
- Free Weights
- Circuit Equipment
- Towel Service
- Co-ed Sauna
- 2 Free Personal Training Sessions
Take advantage of your FREE MONTH and call Aaron Tolchin to make an appointment for a tour. 310-821-1662
Healing Hands Wellness Center offers massage therapy, acupuncture, chiropractic, and nutritional services in a serene and tranquil setting.Professional practitioners at affordable prices.
15% off massage services for members of the Visual Effects Society (60-minute massage session is regularly $55).Valid card must be presented with each visit.Excludes gift certificate purchases and cannot be combined with other discounts/promotions.
Two convenient locations:
414 N Larchmont Blvd. Los Angeles, CA 90048
303 S Crescent Heights Blvd (at 3rd St.) Los Angeles, CA 90004
Please visit their website at www.HEALINGHANDSWC.com
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.