The VES is a community, and the Society Groups are where the community meets. If you are a member of the VES and logged in to the site, you have access to dozens of groups where you can meet other members, help direct the Society and discuss issues of importance to you.
Each group has a forum, news postings, a calendar, and support for uploading and sharing files and images. Members can join groups, or create their own special interest groups.
Groups come in three flavors:
- Board of Directors - There is a group for each of the committees of the Board and a group for the Board of Directors.
- Sections - Each geographic Section of the VES has it's own group.
- Special Interest Groups - Created by the members, these groups support whatever specific interest the members have.
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.