Performance Capture Technology - Hosted by Dreamworks Animation
The PGA, VES, and Motion Capture Society present a panel to explore the latest advancements in Motion Capture Technology. From Virtual Cameras to Virtual Worlds and beyond, we will explore the virtual camera technology that was developed for James Cameron’s “Avatar” and Tim Burtons “Alice in Wonderland” as well as Facial Capture Technology used on “Avatar” and in the Broadway production of “Shrek the Musical”. The Motion Capture work done on “District 9” will also be presented.
To kick off the event we will get a “sneak peak” of DreamWorks Animation’s motion capture facility along with a live action demo of the “Measurand ShapeTape and ShapeHand” technology. Then our panelists will creatively enlighten us with real solutions and insights and know-how to capture "human performances".
MODERATOR: Demian Gordon - Chair of Motion Capture Society
Manny Francisco – DreamWorks Animation – Real-time facial capture for “Shrek the Musical”
Brett Ineson - Animatrik - Body capture used for “District 9”
John Root - Imagemovers Digital – Solving Pipeline and Capture Technology for “A Christmas Carol”
Corey Turner - Sony Imageworks – Onset Virtual Camera for “Alice In Wonderland”
Glenn Derry - Lightstorm - Virtual Camera and Helmet used on “Avatar”
Stephen Rosenbaum - Weta – Facial Capture Pipeline for “Avatar”
|DATE :||THURSDAY, APRIL 22nd 2010|
|TIME:|| 6:30 PM - Registration/Meet and Greet – Light Refreshments
7:00 PM – 7:30 PM – Tour of the DreamWorks Motion Capture Stage
7:45 PM - 9:30 PM - Event
|PLACE:||DreamWorks – Campanile Theater
1000 Flower Street
Glendale, CA 91201
|FEES:||Free for VES, PGA and Motion Capture Society Members, all Academy, ASC, DGA Members (discount fee $10) All non-members ($20.00 fee)|
|RSVP:||VES Members click HERE to RSVP
All others, please Contact VES (818) 981-7861 to RSVP - Seating is limited.
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Thursday, 27 June 2013 - 11:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday, 20 July 2013 - 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday, 15 September 2013 (All day)