8th Annual VES Awards now accepting electronic submissions
VES is pleased to announce that uploads of electronic submissions are now being accepted through the awards website at www.vesawards.com. Click on “Forms and Instructions,” then on “Electronic Submission Process Instructions” for details on how to submit your viewing material. Submissions will be accepted through November 30 except for projects that premiere after that date.
AWARDS COMMITTEE ELIMINATES 3D SUBMISSIONS
The VES Awards Committee has decided to cancel 3D Stereo submissions at this year’s VES Awards. The decision was reached after the committee did its due diligence and found that for both technical and philosophic reasons it would not be possible to offer a fair and even playing field to all entrants, whether they were planning to submit 2D or 3D entries.
The committee takes this step reluctantly, and regrets any inconvenience this decision might cause those who were planning to submit 3D stereo entries.
We welcome you to the 8th Annual VES Awards and extend our best wishes to all participants!
VES AWARDS COMMITTEE
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Saturday, 15 March 2014 (All day)
Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 12:30pm - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)