Academy Award Bakeoffs
Congratulations to the London visual effects talent recognised in the 2014 Visual Effects Academy Award bakeoffs! Eight of the ten films shortlisted contain work done by London-based facilities:
- Iron Man 3
- The Lone Ranger
- Star Trek Into Darkness
- Thor: The Dark World
- World War Z
Contributing London companies include Cinesite, Double Negative, Framestore, MPC, Nvizible and Prime Focus. Well done to everyone involved and good luck with the nominations!
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Saturday, 15 March 2014 (All day)
Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 12:30pm - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)