Screening - Disney's PAPERMAN Short w/ Q&A (London)
London VES Presents
Making Of PAPERMAN
Followed by a presentation and Q&A with the filmmakers.
Introducing a groundbreaking technique that seamlessly merges computer-generated and hand-drawn animation techniques, first-time director John Kahrs takes the art of animation in a bold new direction with PAPERMAN. Using a minimalist black-and-white style, the short follows the story of a lonely young man in mid-century New York City, whose destiny takes an unexpected turn after a chance meeting with a beautiful woman on his morning commute. Convinced the girl of his dreams is gone forever, he gets a second chance when he spots her in a skyscraper window across the avenue from his office. With only his heart, imagination and a stack of papers to get her attention, his efforts are no match for what the fates have in store for him. Created by a small, innovative team working at Walt Disney Animation Studios, PAPERMAN pushes the animation medium in an exciting new direction.
RSVPs have closed for this event, as there are no more seats available.
Thursday, June 14, 2012 at 7:00PM
Curzon Soho cinema
99 Shaftesbury Avenue, London, W1D 5DY
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Thursday, 27 June 2013 - 11:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday, 20 July 2013 - 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday, 15 September 2013 (All day)