The Making of Kung Fu Panda
A presentation of the visual strategies, the production approaches used, and the execution of "Kung Fu Panda". Learn how the film was shaped from early pre-production to final execution through the Visual Effects Supervisor's point of view.
Visual Effects Supervisor
Markus Manninen, VFX Supervisor currently wrapped on the 2008 DreamWorks Animation, Academy Award Nominated Feature Film, “Kung Fu Panda”. He is in pre-production as VFX Supervisor on a “soon to be disclosed” 2013 DWA release.
When: Thursday, May 28, 2009
Meet & Greet: 6:00PM
Presentation: 7:00PM - 9:00PM
Place: Gnomon School of Visual Effects
1015 N. Cahuenga Blvd. Hollywood, CA 90038
This event is FREE of charge!
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Saturday, 15 March 2014 (All day)
Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 12:30pm - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)