Event - Taking Charge as an Artist - Negotiating Your Best Terms of Employment (L.A. & Online)
Taking Charge As An Artist - Negotiating
Your Best Terms Of Employment
Please join the conversation with our panel of working professionals moderated by Visual Effects Producer and VES 2nd Vice Chair Mike Chambers.
Michael Ramirez has worked in Visual Effects for the past 18 years as a Freelance 3-D artist and has had the pleasure of contributing to over 30 feature films such as HANGOVER 3, 42, GANGSTER SQUAD, REAL STEEL and TRON LEGACY at a number of Visual Effects facilities including Hammerhead Productions, Digital Domain and ILM. He has been a VES member for the past 9 years and has been actively involved with the Board of Directors and the Awards committee.
Mark Binder is an attorney who specializes in intellectual property and entertainment law with the firm of Weston, Garrou & Mooney, where he heads the transactional practice for the firm’s clientele which includes motion picture studios, film and TV producers, writers, directors, animators, VFX artists and more. His areas of practice include copyright, trademark, corporations, employment negotiations, internet law, and general business sales and transactions. An undergraduate of U.C. Berkeley, he earned his law degree from Loyola Law School.
Tuesday, October 8, 2013 at 7:30PM (PDT)
VES members outside L.A. may participate online (details to follow your RSVP)
The Los Angeles Film School Theater
6363 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028
Click here for a map
Events are overbooked to compensate for no-shows. Seating is limited and will be available on a first come, first served basis. An RSVP does not guarantee seating. Additionally, there are a limited number of online seats, so be sure to RSVP early.
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Saturday, 15 March 2014 (All day)
Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 12:30pm - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)