Event - Practical Lighting for CG Artists (Los Angeles)
The VES Education Committee Presents
Practical Lighting For CG Artists
Free To VES Members, All Others $25
Bob Primes, ASC will lead this fifth incarnation of the wildly popular and informative one-day seminar geared toward helping digital artists develop the sensibilities and sensitivities of a cinematographer. Please bring the highest quality digital camera that you can in order to record some interesting natural light during the lunch break. You'll discover which believable light sources could create the desired mood and illuminate the drama. Then you'll learn how to simulate that source based on the study of its properties. The seminar will culminate with dividing into groups and lighting scenes with real lights.
Free to VES members, all others $25
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 from 9:00AM to 4:00PM
(Walk-away lunch break from 12:30PM to 1:30PM)
Mole Richardson Co.
900 N. La Brea Avenue, West Hollywood, CA 90038
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Saturday, 15 March 2014 (All day)
Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 12:30pm - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)