Event - Directing & Visual Effects w/ Roland Emmerich (Los Angeles & Online)
Directing And Visual Effects
Come to an intimate conversation with Roland Emmerich,
Volker Engle and Marc Weigert on Directing, visual effects and how to best work together to the advantage of all.
Please join Director Roland Emmerich and Visual Effects Supervisors Volker Engel and Marc Weigert as they discuss their professional relationship, moderated by VES Board Chair Jeffrey A. Okun.
Marc Weigert was Co-producer and VFX Supervisor on Roland Emmerich’s WHITE HOUSE DOWN, and is the CEO of Uncharted Territory, LLC, founded in 1999 with business partner Volker Engel. They've produced features and TV projects, including THE TRIANGLE mini-series for which he received an Emmy Award. Uncharted Territory also provided VFX for THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW and TERMINATOR 3. Mr. Weigert also served as Visual Effects Producer and Supervisor on a multitude of commercials and the ride films. He was previously CEO of Dreamscape Imagery Inc. whose credits include INDEPENDENCE DAY, MUPPETS FROM SPACE, FLUBBER, THE DREW CAREY SHOW and many more. As the VFX Project Manager for INDEPENDENCE DAY, he created the Digital Assistant for Visual Effects, a project management software program to manage, schedule and track the shooting and post production of thousands of VFX elements. His software has subsequently been sold to several major studios, and has been used on many feature films and TV projects. He has lectured at seminars and master classes for many organizations. He has also taught visual effects classes at The Art Institute of Los Angeles, and is a member of the VES and ATAS.
Please RSVP below
Monday, September 23, 2013 at 7:30PM (PDT)
VES members outside L.A. may participate online (details to follow your RSVP)
The Los Angeles Film School Theater
6363 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028
Click here for a map
Events are overbooked to compensate for no-shows. Seating is limited and will be available on a first come, first served basis. An RSVP does not guarantee seating. Additionally, there are a limited number of online seats, so be sure to RSVP early.
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Saturday, 15 March 2014 (All day)
Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 12:30pm - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)