Event - Cinematography & Visual Effects (Los Angeles & Online)
Cinematography And Visual Effects
Come to an intimate conversation with Wally Pfister, ASC
and Mike Chambers on how best to work together.
Please join Academy Award-winning Cinematographer Wally Pfister, ASC and VES Award-winning Visual Effects Producer Mike Chambers as they discuss their professional relationship, moderated by VES Board Chair Jeffrey A. Okun.
Wally Pfister, ASC began his career as a television news cameraman in Washington, DC covering Capitol Hill, the White House and local news. He quickly moved forward and became one of the top camera operators in Hollywood. Pfister's ascent as a Director of Photography began when he shot Christopher Nolan's MEMENTO in 1999. Since then, he has joined the ranks of the top Hollywood Cinematographers, earning 3 Aacademy Award nominations for his work on BATMAN BEGINS, THE PRESTIGE, and Christopher Nolan’s record-breaking blockbuster, THE DARK KNIGHT. He also worked on INSOMNIA, INCEPTION, and THE DARK KNIGHT RISES which were also directed by Nolan. Pfister also served as director of photography on F. Gary Gray's THE ITALIAN JOB, and Bennett Miller's MONEYBALL.
Mike Chambers specializes in large-scale feature film productions. Most recently completing work on THE DARK KNIGHT RISES for Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros Studios. It was his second collaboration with the esteemed director of INCEPTION. With a professional career spanning 30 years, some of them pre-dating the "Digital Era", he has been both witness to and participant in the development, acceptance and widespread integration of digital technology and methodology into the VFX & film production industry. As a VFX Producer, he has worked with many A-list producers & directors on numerous VFX-heavy feature films. Some of his production credits include I AM LEGEND, SURROGATES, 10,000 BC, THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW, BABE: PIG IN THE CITY, STRANGE DAYS and TRUE LIES.
Please RSVP below
Monday, February 25, 2013 at 7:30PM (PST)
VES members outside L.A. may participate online (details to follow your RSVP)
The Los Angeles Film School Theater
6363 Sunset Blvd., Los Angeles, CA 90028
Click here for a map
Events are overbooked to compensate for no-shows. Seating is limited and will be available on a first come, first served basis. An RSVP does not guarantee seating. Additionally, there are a limited number of online seats, so be sure to RSVP early.
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Saturday, 15 March 2014 (All day)
Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 12:30pm - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)