Deadline - New Membership Applications
Deadline To Submit Applications
For VES Fall Membership Drive
Accepting applications through September 15th
Do you have a colleague with a minimum of five (5) years experience in the visual effects industry that you think would be a valuable addition to the Society? If so, ask them to visit the VES website to fill out and submit an online application for membership. The deadline for the Fall membership cycle is Saturday, September 15, 2012.
Each VES member may endorse up to two (2) applicants per calendar year. Endorsing an applicant for membership is a responsibility that should not be taken lightly. Letters of endorsement should be detailed and comprehensive recommendations. You received an e-mail in May if you have already written endorsement letter(s) in 2012. For important guidelines on what the VES Membership Committee requires from endorsement letters, please click here.
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.