Career Strategies for the Current State of the Industry
Our world is changing dramatically. How does a production professional survive and make a living today? The Visual Effects Society and Gnomon School of Visual Effects have put together a day of panels and workshops geared to give you concrete advice, up-to-date information and valuable tools to help you not only survive, but thrive in the future.
Join us on Saturday, June 13th.
8:30 (Yeeghads!) Registration/Coffee
9:00 Panel: Reinventing Yourself/Crossing Over
10:30 Panel: What Are Companies Looking For?
12:00 Lunch *
1:00 Workshop: Reinventing/Rebranding Yourself
2:30 Workshop: Today’s Resumes
4:00 Workshop: Creating Your Reel**
* Bring your wallet
** Sponsored by Adobe
AT: Gnomon School of Visual Effects
1015 N. Cahuenga Bl.
ADMISSION: $10 for VES members and Gnomon students, $25 for everyone else.
Reservations required. To make reservations, call the VES office at 818-981-7861 and speak to Colleen.
Sponsored by VES, Gnomon School of Visual Effects
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Wednesday, 23 April 2014 - 4:00pm - 8:45pm
Saturday, 24 May 2014 - 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)