Where Good Ideas Come From
"Here's a short video promo for Steven Johnson's upcoming Where Good Ideas Come From: The Natural History of Innovation, a lecture on the way that transformative ideas incubate for long times, come out of left field, and thrive best when there's no one foreclosing on them because they're too weird or disruptive. It's inspiring stuff, and a real indictment of proprietary and closed systems that put blocks and hurdles in the way of creators in the name of "good user experience" or legal compliance."
Don't feel too bad about those percolating film making or vfx ideas you have on the back burner that don't seem to want to develop. You may just need time or the connection to the right network of other people's semi-gestated ideas.
[via Boing Boing]
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.