USC Opens Holodeck Training Facility In Playa Vista
"USC’s Institute for Creative Technologies just moved into a new 72,000 square foot facility in Playa Vista in late October. ICT is funded heavily by the military to not only develop realistic virtual reality training simulations, but also to help psychologists and military personnel deal with post-traumatic stress disorder afflicted soldiers. "
And that would be Visual Effect Society Technology Committee member Paul Debevec featured throughout the article. Congratulations, Paul!
Great videos after the jump.
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Wednesday, 23 April 2014 - 4:00pm - 8:45pm
Wednesday, 30 April 2014 - 11:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday, 24 May 2014 - 11:00am - 4:00pm