Star Wars' Visual Effects Artist Grant McCune Dies at 67
"Grant McCune, the special effects artist who won an Oscar for his model work on Star Wars, has died of pancreatic cancer. He was 67."
The Visual Effects Society Technology Committee extends its condolences to the family and survivors of Mr. McCune. He was a giant in the field and an inspiration to countless vfx artists who followed his work into the vfx industry. His leadership and spirit will be missed.
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.