New family of Arduino Boards: available immediately at World Maker Faire NY
"The new family of Arduino Boards will be officially presented at the Maker Faire - New York to happen at NY's Hall of Science, September 25 & 26, 2010. Massimo Banzi, Tom Igoe, and Dave Mellis, will represent the Team... The team members will be around during Saturday and Sunday. You are more than welcome to pass by and ask anything about the future of our platform. On Sunday, September 26th, at 3PM EST (10PM CET) the team will be on stage presenting the improvements made to our hardware, our plans for helping the Open Source Hardware community develop further, and our new image."
The history of modern mechanized VFX is one in parallel with the microprocessor and beyond. The Arduino brings the power and ease of microprocessor programming and control within the budget of the dedicated hobbyist. I'd love to hear from vfx artists using Adruinos in their work.
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/09/new_family_of_arduino_boards_availa.html [via MAKE:]
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Wednesday, 23 April 2014 - 4:00pm - 8:45pm
Saturday, 24 May 2014 - 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)