Location-Based Game Immerses San Francisco in Hell during GDC 2011
"Ogmento, a geo-social augmented reality gaming company, is adding a city-specific layer to its popular location-based game, Paranormal Activity: Sanctuary. Players in San Francisco will be able to participate in an actual good versus evil turf battle, with characters from the game recruiting players at the conference to join their side as either one of the Demonologists, or one of the Possessed.
The game integrates geo-social elements, augmented reality and user-generated content, to create a unique game setting where the player's home town, office or neighborhood becomes the front lines of a supernatural conflict. "
One assumes they don't REALLY mean an "actual" battle between good and evil.
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Wednesday, 23 April 2014 - 4:00pm - 8:45pm
Wednesday, 30 April 2014 - 11:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday, 24 May 2014 - 11:00am - 4:00pm