Life Magazine Publishes Never Before Seen Pictures of Lascaux
"In 1947, LIFE's Ralph Morse went to Lascaux, and became the first photographer to ever document the astonishing, vibrant paintings. Here, on the 70th anniversary of the discovery of the cave and its treasures, in a gallery featuring rare and never-published photographs, Morse -- still vibrant himself at 93 -- shares with LIFE.com his memories of what it was like to encounter the long-hidden, strikingly lifelike handiwork of a vanished people: the Cro-Magnon."
The VFX practitioners of the 21st Century pay homage and respect to the VFX practitioners of the Paleolithic 17,300 years ago.
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Wednesday, 30 April 2014 - 11:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday, 24 May 2014 - 11:00am - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)