Augmented Reality and Public Art
"The Virtual Public Art Project is an Augmented Reality platform for the public display of digital works of art. VPAP is the first mobile AR outdoor art experience ever, and maximizes public reception of AR art through compatibility with both iPhone 3GS and Android phones!
Unlike current AR smart phone utilities that enable users to view a location with an additional layer of information about that location – i.e. information about a restaurant, VPAP creates site-specific sculptures at a location that invite viewers in for close observation from all sides and from multiple perspectives."
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.
Saturday, 15 March 2014 (All day)
Saturday, 15 March 2014 - 12:30pm - 4:00pm
Monday, 15 September 2014 (All day)