The policies and procedures of the VES allow for the creation of local Sections for the purpose of fullfilling the Society's mission and serving its global membership. Sections of the Society may be authorized in any locality where the number of Active members exceeds fifty. The geographic boundaries of each Section shall be determined by the Board of Directors. Upon written petition for the authorization of a Section of the Society, signed by fifty or more Active members, the Board of Directors may grant such authorization.
Current VES Sections and Section officers are:
James Whitlam, Jason Bath - Co-Chairs
Trish Graham - Treasuer/Secretary
David Tanaka - Chair
Paul Grimshaw - Treasurer/Secretary
C. Andrew Nelson
Drew Jones - Chair
Helen Moody - Secretary
Nicola Instone - Treasurer/Sponsorship & Benefits
Nina Fallon - Treasurer/Sponsorship & Benefits
Hitesh Bharadia - Technical Representative
Ean Carr - Events
Martin Ciastko - Website & Online
Gavin Graham - Technical Representative
Jason Halverson - Events
Brooke Lyndon-Stanford - Events
Ronald Siy - Website & Online
Sébastien Dostie - Chair
Nathalie Girard - Secretary / Treasurer
Ted Burge - Chair
Andrew Bly - Secretary / Treasurer
Joyce G. Boll
Matt Aitken - Chair
Sandy Taylor - Secretary / Treasurer
Board of Managers:
Warren Franklin - Chair
Marta Mintenko - Secretary
Jon Cowley - Treasurer
Mark Benard - Education and Technology Committee
Alan Chuck - Member Benefits Committee
Dawn MacLeod - Screening Committee
James Tichenor - Membership Committee
Chris van Dyck
- VES Forum
Recent blog posts
- iPad, Smartphone, Kinect, and Social Media Controlled Architectural Projection.
- SIGGRAPH reveals some Emerging Technologies highlights for Vancouver.
- OpenFrameworks Is an Open Source C++ Toolkit for Creative Coding.
- Glasses-Free 3D Display Using Front-Facing Camera and Head Tracking
- C++ Using OpenFrameworks, wxWidgets, and Processing Used in Tron:Legacy
- Augmented Reality – coming soon to a contact lens near you
- Augmented Reality and Public Art
- Film Uses Audience's Smart Phones To Solve Mystery
- George Lucas, James Cameron and Jeffrey Katzenberg to Do CinemaCon Panel Together.
- Junkyard Jumbotron Fuses Multiple Displays Into Single Device.